You can still browse our resources whilst you wait. A pop up chat window will appear once one of the Proud Connection team is available.
Why not explore our word of the day:Biromantic
LGBT+ Youth Workers North West Network
- This network was formed as LGBT+ youth groups began to develop and exist outside of the major city centres of Manchester and Liverpool. Youth workers running these groups spoke about feeling isolated whilst working on very small contracts or on a voluntary basis. A lot of this work happened with little or no resources and was under constant threat of being cut due to lack of funding or because of LGBTphobia. The network brings together people working with LGBT+ young people across the Northwest of England to work collaboratively, share resources, increase visibility and to have a louder collective voice.
- This network is for anyone delivering frontline LGBT+ youth work in the Northwest of England.
- You will be invited to our quarterly share and support meeting; each meeting is hosted by a different network member, so we move around the Northwest. You can join the meeting in person or virtually using Zoom.
- Resources and best practice are shared between network members.
- Your young people will be invited to events such as Art Activist, Pride Youth Games and residentials.
- You will be given practical support and suggestions in the event of your provision coming under threat.