- For Young People
- LGBT+ Youth Groups
- Proud Trust Groups
- Find your local group
- What's On
- Art Activist (May)
- Manchester Pride (August)
- Pride Summer School
- Eight Ways To Prepare For Your 1st (or 100th!) Manchester Pride
- Pride Youth Games (Sept)
- Advice and Support
- Peer Support
- Questioning Your Sexuality or Gender?
- Coming Out
- Feeling Stressed / Depressed?
- Keeping Safe Online
- Trans Information
- Coming out as trans
- How to change your name
- Trans Terms
- Online support for you and others
- The National Trans Youth Network and Conferences
- LGBT and In Care?
YWHP is a project led by and for young lesbian and bisexual women* aged 14-25, or those questioning their sexuality. The project is Manchester based but is open to young lesbian and bisexual women from across the North West. We recognise that young lesbian and bisexual women may not feel able to access other mixed or non-LGBT spaces or not have their needs met elsewhere. Therefore the project provides a safe, dedicated and supportive space for those who attend. The project currently offers weekly sessions.
Thursdays 4:30-6:30pm at a city centre venue close to the LGBT Centre (M1 7HB). Contact Nichola on [email protected] for more details.
We also offer other opportunities to get involved with or take part in events organized by others, such as:
- LesBiCon – An annual event to mark International Women’s Day in March
- An annual weekend residential
- Peer led research
- Training residentials e.g. digital archiving
- Access to The Proud Trust’s allotment and food growing project
- Other community events e.g. Reclaim the Night March – A Manchester based march in February
Download more information and a booking form for this years residential below
Nichola is the lead youth worker for the group.
Email: [email protected]
*Please note that the group membership is based around being a lesbian or bisexual woman so includes young trans women who identify as lesbian or bisexual.