- For Young People
- LGBT+ Youth Groups
- Proud Trust Groups
- Find your local group
- What's On
- Trans Youth Resi (April)
- Art Activist (May)
- Manchester Pride (August)
- Pride Summer School
- Eight Ways To Prepare For Your 1st (or 100th!) Manchester Pride
- Pride Youth Games (Sept)
- Advice and Support
- Peer Support
- Questioning Your Sexuality or Gender?
- Coming Out
- Feeling Stressed / Depressed?
- Keeping Safe Online
- Trans Information
- Coming out as trans
- How to change your name
- Trans Terms
- Online support for you and others
- The National Trans Youth Network and Conferences
- LGBT and In Care?
Art Activist is a creative project that promotes Artivism – using art and performance as a means of raising awareness of a particular issue, and as a vehicle to evoke change.
- Visual art (painting, sculpture, drawing, photographs, film)
- Creative writing (including poetry, fiction and non-fiction)
- Performance (e.g. acting, singing, dancing, spoken word)
Art Activist acts as a bridge between two significant events in the LGBT+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, plus other related identities) calendar:
- LGBT History Month is an annual celebration that takes place in February (in the UK). It recognises the struggles and triumphs of LGBT+ people and encourages people to be open and inclusive of LGBT+ people in all communities.
- International Day Against Homophobia (IDAHO) is held on May 17 each year, as this is the date in 1990, that the World Health Organisation declassified homosexuality as a mental illness. Sometimes it is called IDAHOBIT, in recognition of biphobia and transphobia.
Responding to the theme set for LGBT History Month, Art Activist encourages young people to become Artivists, creating art works and performance, to showcase at our annual event on or near IDAHOBIT.
Afternoon TEA - 2017 Winners
In 2018 the Art Activist showcase event will take place on Saturday 12th May from 12.00pm until 4.00p.m. at
Sugden Sports Centre
114 Grosvenor Street
LGBT+ youth projects are warmly invited to take part, with a prize of £100 for the winning group.
Download the exhibit booking form here: