On Sat 24th November we are celebrating 30 years of the LGBT+ Centre.
Two events are planned:
– a free, community event starting with a walking tour at 2pm and including activities, singing and workshops at the centre until 6pm. There is a facebook event for this and free tickets via eventbrite.
– an intimate after party, £5 in advance. Expect late-night dancing and debauchery. We have posters and postcards for the evening event as well as a facebook event with tickets being sold via Eventbrite.
Please help to spread the word and feel free to join us!
Ever been to the ‘gay centre’ in Manchester?
This November we are celebrating 30 years since we opened. Yes, you heard right, we’ve been here for three decades! As part of our celebrations on 24th November we are looking to hear from you! Share your stories, your photos, your memories. Did you meet your one true love here? Did you come out and join a group? Have you volunteered or worked here? Please use this form
or email firstname.lastname@example.org and all entries will be added to our history wall!
30 Years Queer planning group
Make your mark and celebrate in style by joining our planning group. We’ll be meeting to discuss celebrations and fundraising efforts as part of the LGBT+ Centre’s 30th birthday! Regular planning meetings will take place at The LGBT+ Centre. We’d love people with links to the centre or an interest in community events to join us. To get involved please email email@example.com
Progress so far: An update during LGBT History Month
Since the launch of #30YearsQueer we have been busy marking our 30th year. 2018 has started well and we have been busy celebrating! So far activities include:
- radio appearances on Gaydio and All FM
- Rainbow Noir’s 5th birthday
- 30 Years Queer / Queer Youth in Focus exhibition
- various fundraising efforts totalling £4,800
To keep up-to-date with our work please follow us on twitter @LGBTCentreMcr
or search #30YearsQueer
Birthday wishes from our supporters
#30YearsQueer Press Release (November 2017)