This is a collaborative network supported by The Proud Trust and created by LGBT+ youth workers of colour in Manchester, Bradford and London. The network provides a space to collaborate to meet the needs and provide opportunities for LGBT+ young people of colour, and support for youth workers who are LGBT+ people of colour.
Who is it for?
This network is for LGBT+ youth workers of colour. The work also engages with and supports the work of youth workers or volunteers working with LGBT+ young people of colour.
Joining this network brings you:
- A quarterly meeting, which people can join in person (moves around the country), or virtually, using Google Hangouts;
- The opportunity to problem-solve, learn and share with other workers doing similar work;
- Opportunity for you and your young people to attend the national COLOURS festival;
- A network of peer support from other LGBT+ youth workers of colour;
- Access to residential weekends for your LGBT+ young people of colour.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The COLOURS Network meetings are closed to youth workers who identify as LGBT+ people of colour only. There will be additional opportunities across the year for youth workers who are not LGBT+ people of colour to engage with the network meetings.