What is the LGBT+ Groups in Schools Alliance (GSA)?
The LGBT+ GSA is a network that exists to bring together like minded professionals with the shared goal of making their school fully inclusive for LGBT+ people. It equips school staff with all of the resources and support they need to run an engaging, energetic and empowering group in their school. So if you are running, or considering setting up an LGBT+ group in your school, the LGBT+ GSA is here to support you!
What does the subscription provide, and how does it benefit you and your school?
- Resources – Your physical welcome pack contains a “How To Set Up and LGBT+ Group in a School” guide, an exclusive LGBT+ GSA wall planner, stickers, and an “LGBT+ Ally” badge for the group lead.
- Ideas – Weekly group activity suggestions, saving you time.
- Support and Connectedness – A virtual termly meeting with The Proud Trust and other LGBT+ GSA subscribers.
- Development – Half price access to a national LGBT+ youth event (summer term).
How does being part of the LGBT+ GSA contribute towards meeting statutory obligations?
Here are just a few of the ways joining the LGBT+ Groups in Schools Alliance will help your school to meet your Ofsted, legal, and statutory requirements for LGBT+ inclusion in your school community:
- Ofsted are looking for positive LGBT+ inclusion and visibility across the school, and evidence of support for LGBT+ students.
- The Equality Act 2010 requires you to meet the needs of all students, including those that are LGBT+.
- Inclusive RSE – the 2019 DfE Relationships and Sex Education guidance requires you to be “alive” to issues such as LGBT phobia, and take positive action to build a culture where this does not happen. You can read the full DFE guidelines, here.
- Morally, it’s the right thing to do!
- There are lots more reasons to join the LGBT+ GSA – find them here.
Just £200 (plus VAT) per academic year. Significantly reduced rates apply if joining part way through the year – click here to see the current price.
Need to find out more? We are more than happy to chat with you and answer any questions you may have, simply contact us at – email@example.com or on 07531 061777.
Ready to sign up?
We look forward to connecting with you, and welcoming you into our LGBT+ Groups in Schools Alliance.
Why not list your LGBT+ group on our map for free? Create your account here.