This network formed in 2005, from an emergence of LGBT+ youth groups starting to develop and exist outside of the major cities of Manchester and Liverpool. Youth workers running these groups talked about feeling isolated, often working on very small contracts, or on a voluntary basis. Much of this work happened with little or no resources, and under constant threat of being cut, due to lack of funding, or the existence of LGBTphobia.
Who is it for?
This network is for any person delivering front line LGBT+ youth work in the North West of England.
Joining this network brings you:
- A quarterly share and support meeting, hosted by one of the network members (so moves around the North West). It is possible to join this meeting virtually, using Google Hangouts;
- Sharing of resources and best practice;
- Access for your young people to regional events, such as Art Activist, Pride Youth Games and residentials;
- Practical support and suggestions in the event of provision coming under threat;
- Solidarity through joining forces at local pride events.
For more information contact email@example.com.