Alien Nation Book and Trans Positive Education Resources
IMAGINE A PLANET WHERE PEOPLE CAN BE WHO THEY WANT TO BE…
WELCOME TO ALIEN NATION
Ours is a story of friendship, solidarity and building bridges. It is a story about exploring who you are and where you belong.
It is a story about celebrating our differences.
As you journey through space with us, we hope that you will learn some new words, some new ways of understanding the world around you, and perhaps some new ways of understanding yourself.
Many primary schools are doing amazing work around challenging gender stereotypes. What is missing, often, is then a further set of conversations and lessons about the existence of trans and non-binary people.
Alien Nation is a book, aimed at primary aged children. It is a fun exploration of gender, gender expression, gender roles, and an explanation of different gender identities (the T bit of LGBT+), and introduces important terminology.
Trans Positive Education for Primary Schools
Building on the success of Alien Nation, a five lesson pack was developed for use in KS2. Trans Positive Education for Primary Schools contains everything you need to positively teach about trans, non-binary and cis lives and identities (the T bit of LGBT+) with your class, and:
- Includes five fully resourced lessons, an Alien Nation book, a set of three Alien Nation posters and a Trans Pride flag.
- Can be delivered as a half-term block as part of your PSHE programme;
- Can be linked to the Relationships Education and National Curriculum in these ways – click here;
- Helps you meet your statutory requirements to deliver LGBT+ inclusive RSE;
- Helps you meet the needs of all students, including those that are LGBT+, and those from LGBT+ families, in line with the Equality Act (2010) and Ofsted obligations;
- Is fun and easy to deliver!
A number of further resources have been developed in conjunction with Alien Nation.
You can make reading of Alien Nation even more fun and interactive by utilising our printable prop pack…
alien nation posters
A series of fun Alien Nation posters have been created for use in your classrooms and other rooms!
Please note that Alien Nation and Trans Positive Education for Primary Schools only enables a set of conversations about trans and non-binary lives. For a separate, important, and fun, exploration of lesbian, gay and bisexual lives and people, a different resource is available. See our Happily Ever After resource.
Would you like to give some feedback on your experience on this website today?