Happily Ever After (KS2)
You can still browse our resources whilst you wait. A pop up chat window will appear once one of the Proud Connection team is available.
Why not explore our word of the day:Biromantic
Happily Ever After
Delighting primary school audiences since 2014, Happily Ever After is a twist on a traditional fairy tale, that enables an exploration of same gender relationships and equal marriage (the LGB bit of LGBT+) for KS2 pupils.
Based on the book ‘King and King’ by Linda De Haan and Stern Nijland, Happily Ever After started life as a play, and has now been made into a film, with wrap around educational resources.
The Queen is growing impatient. Her lazy son will never be king until he grows up, gets married and starts acting like one.
She invites hundreds of princesses from across the land, hoping to find the perfect bride for The Prince, but he isn’t impressed by any of them.
Then one day a princess arrives accompanied by her brother…
Watch the trailer:
HAPPILY EVER AFTER EDUCATION PACK
Happily Ever After is a fun fairy tale exploration of different kinds of people and relationships. The full pack, delivered to you as a digital download, contains everything you need to positively teach about same gender relationships and equal marriage (the LGB bit of LGBT+) with your class, and:
- Includes five fully resourced lessons, The Happily Ever After film and further Talking Heads films, featuring LGBT+ young people talking about their real life experiences, further supporting the learning outcomes.
- Can be delivered as a half-term block as part of your PSHE programme;
- Can be linked to the Relationships Education and National Curriculum in these ways – click here;
- Helps you meet your statutory requirements to deliver LGBT+ inclusive RSE;
- Helps you meet the needs of all students, including those that are LGBT+, and those from LGBT+ families, in line with the Equality Act (2010) and Ofsted obligations;
- Is fun and easy to deliver!
As an avid fan of the stage show, I love this film version! It is accompanied by quality lesson materials that are well thought out, and accessible to all. Head Teacher, Westminster Primary School
FROM HERE YOU CAN
Happily Ever After is a joint project with
Please note that Happily Ever After only enables a set of conversations about lesbian, gay and bisexual lives. For a separate, important, and fun, exploration of trans lives and people, a different resource is available. See our Alien Nation and Trans Positive Education resources.
Would you like to give some feedback on your experience on this website today?