FOR YOUTH ORGANISATIONS
The Proud Trust is proud to be delivering The Rainbow Flag Award to youth organisations in the North West of England.
The Rainbow Flag Award is a national quality assurance framework for any organisation that works with young people. The award focuses on positive LGBT+, (lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, plus other related identities), inclusion and visibility. The Rainbow Flag Award encourages a positive whole organisation approach to LGBT+ inclusion, as well as developing strategies to effectively challenge and combat LGBTphobic bullying.
Suitable for FE Colleges, Youth Services, Youth Clubs, Uniformed Organisations and other youth focused organisations.
From the pilot:
The process has been enlightening and supported us all at Early Break to commit more deeply to our work and support of LGBT+ young people, their families and our staff within. The award has been undertaken in a spirit of shared learning and we are grateful to The Proud Trust colleagues in their approach and support of us to meet the standards of the Rainbow Flag Award. We would actively encourage other youth organisations to work with The Proud Trust and seek the Rainbow Flag Award for their organisation. Vicky Maloney CEO Early Break
Committing your organisation to the Rainbow Flag Award is a commitment to improve the lives of all the young people that you work with, including those that are LGBT+, those from LGBT+ families, as well as LGBT+ staff members.
To enquire about taking part in the Rainbow Flag Award, please email email@example.com, or call 07935 713822.
THE RAINBOW FLAG AWARD IS NOT PRESCRIPTIVE, WE DO NOT TELL YOU WHAT TO DO…
Instead, we help you self-identify and self-determine which are the most appropriate ways to implement positive LGBT+ inclusion in your settings, that best compliments your staff, your service users and your wider communities.
Through a year-long process of self-assessment and ongoing monitoring and feedback, organisations have access to a variety of training, resources and interventions, helping them meet set standards in each of the following areas:
While the Rainbow Flag Award is a national framework, delivery is by LGBT+ organisations working with LGBT+ communities in your local area. The Proud Trust has a 45+ year history of working with LGBT+ young people in Greater Manchester, Cheshire and beyond. This means that the content of any training will be up to date and relevant, with the needs and experiences of LGBT+ young people from across the North West of England at the heart of delivery. Any monies generated from this scheme will help fund our vital work with LGBT+ young people locally.
- BAND A: £795 (plus VAT) for organisations with 0-15 employees (includes two places on starter training)
- BAND B: £1295 (plus VAT) for organisations with 16-50 employees (includes three places on starter training)
- BAND C: £1895 (plus VAT) for organisations with 51-200 employees (includes four places on starter training)
- BAND D: £2595 (plus VAT) for organisations with 201-500 employees (includes five places on starter training)
- BAND E: £3395 (plus VAT) for organisations with 501+ employees (includes six places on starter training)
What this buys you:
- Places on starter LGBT+ inclusion training (see above for training places included)
- Access to the Members Area of the Rainbow Flag Award website, containing a Rainbow Flag Award Handbook, detailed information of the training, services, resources and products available from your Rainbow Flag Award delivery organisation, a “Guide to LGBT+ Inclusive Monitoring”, as well as some other starter resources and posters.
- Access to LGBT+ positive youth work resources.
- 20% off the cost of all further training and resources and resources.
- Review of your work with detailed feedback.
- Ongoing support.
The next cohort is starting in October 2023, with starter training happening online on Friday 6 October, 9.30am to 4.45pm, will follow up action planning, also online on Monday 9 October, 10am to 12pm.
The deadline to apply is 5pm on Friday 22 September 2023, application forms below.
To enquire about taking part in the Rainbow Flag Award, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to give some feedback on your experience on this website today?