Inclusive RSE - The Sexuality aGender Toolkit
For many years, the young people that we work with have been telling us that their needs are not being met through the sexual health education that they have received through mainstream education:
- Lesbian, gay and bisexual young people tell us they feel excluded for sexual health education, due to a heavy focus on pregnancy and contraception.
- Trans young people tell us they feel disempowered to engage in sexual health education programmes, due to incorrect assumptions being made about them and their body parts, by the subject facilitator.
Sexuality aGender v2 is a toolkit that enables a broader, more useful set of conversations with all types of young people because it:
- Assumes everyone has a gender, but people might have different ways in which they describe or experience theirs;
- Assumes everyone has a sexuality, but people might have different ways in which they describe or experience theirs;
- Assumes everyone has a body with genitals, but that genitals on one body may look different to genitals on another body;
- Assumes everyone has like and wants, but a person may have different likes and wants to another person;
- Assumes that body parts come together during sexual activity, but what a person might like and want sexually may be different to another person.
Sexuality aGender v2 encourages a youth work approach of exploring these things, not by telling young people what to do, rather by questioning, and working with information that young people supply in that process – working with them from where they are.
You can buy the tool kit via our shop here
FROM HERE YOU CAN
We have sold out of Sexuality aGender v2! We’re taking this time to have a refresh of it, but don’t worry, additional inflatable dice to support your delivery of The Dice Game are still available to buy in our shop.
Would you like to give some feedback on your experience on this website today?