Secondary School Workshops
Our popular workshop “Exploring Gender and Sexuality” has been delivered in a vast number of secondary schools, usually on off-timetable days of activities. Typically, schools book one of our experienced youth work facilitators for the day, and a chosen year group will rotate through the workshop, which is repeated several times across the day.
- is interactive and discussion based, exploring gender and sexuality with young people where they are with their understanding, and dealing any questions they might have, in an appropriate way;
- introduces appropriate terminology for a range of LGBT+ identities;
- acknowledges the existence of LGBTphobia, and what this looks like in young people’s worlds;
- affirms the responsibility of everyone to recognise and challenge LGBTphobic language and behaviour, as well as actively creating safe and inclusive spaces;
- makes suggestions on how to be a supportive and visible friend and ally;
- signposts participants to appropriate local support through our extensive network of LGBT+ youth groups.
We can also deliver bespoke workshops created around an identified need of a school or group of students. Previous examples of this have included Trans Awareness workshops and an LGBT+ History Month workshop.
For more information or to book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or 07531 061777.