Here you can explore some ideas for events you could run to raise awareness of, and funds to support, the activities of The Proud Trust. For more information about fundraising, you can contact our fundraising coordinator here
- Entertainment for a good cause: if you organise club nights, gigs or quizzes consider asking for donations at the door or donate a portion of ticket sales.
- Have a bake sale! You could encourage people to decorate cakes with LGBT+ slogans and award a prize for the best one.
- Give something up for a week or month and ask people to sponsor your efforts. You could join others in Dry January, Meat Free May, Stoptober, etc.
- Organise a sweepstake during a significant event such as the FIFA World Cup, Eurovision Song Contest or Wimbledon. Hold a party on the day, make it fancy dress and get fundraising!
- Suggest people donate to The Proud Trust instead of giving you birthday presents; you can make this easy by creating a birthday fundraiser using the Facebook ‘Support Non-Profit’ button.
- Suggest that your local school, college or university adopt us as their charity of the year – they could fundraise through bake sales and no uniform days!