Many primary schools are doing amazing work around challenging gender stereotypes. What is missing, often, is then a further set of conversations and lessons about the existence of trans and non-binary people. It is often suggested that having these conversations with children might “confuse” them… We know, first hand, that not having these conversations with children, is what is causing confusion.
It is so important that trans and non-binary children are positively represented, with visibility of others like them, which is why we have created a range of resources and training to enable schools to do this.
Trans Positive Education for Primary Schools Pack
Building on the success of our book Alien Nation, Trans Positive Education for Primary Schools is supplied as a five-lesson pack for KS2, along with the Alien Nation book (and other resources), and is a fun exploration of different kinds of people and identities, and
- Can be delivered as a half-term block as part of your PSHE programme;
- Can be linked to the National Curriculum in these ways – click here;
- Helps you meet your statutory requirements to deliver LGBT+ inclusive RSE;
- Helps you meet the needs of all students, including those that are LGBT+, and those from LGBT+ families, in line with the Equality Act (2010) and Ofsted obligations;
- Is fun and easy to deliver!
The pack contains:
- Trans Positive Education for Primary Schools five lesson booklet;
- Alien Nation book;
- Set of three Alien Nation posters;
- A Trans Pride flag.
We are constantly updating and developing the resources we provide for primary schools. Our aim is to resource you in making your school a safe and supportive environment for all students.
For excellent trans inclusion guidance, check out the trusted Trans Inclusion Schools Toolkit.
Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have, or see below other resources you may find helpful.
From here you can…
Trans Positive Education for Primary Schools has been developed in collaboration with Hartford Primary School.
Please note that Trans Positive Education for Primary Schools only enables a set of conversations about trans and non-binary lives. For a separate, important, and fun, exploration of lesbian, gay and bisexual lives and people, a different resource is available. See our Happily Ever After resources.