All of the educational workshops that we deliver directly to children and young people in their schools, give a positive representation of LGBT+, (lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, plus other related identities), people and identities. We never present LGBT+ people as victims, but rather give children and young people a vehicle to positively explore gender identity and sexual orientation. This all leads to challenging participants to think of ways in which they can contribute to creating LGBT+ inclusive and positive schools, colleges or youth work settings.
We have a number of different types of workshops that we can deliver:
- Workshops in Schools – Typically booked as part of a PSHE programme, or off-timetable days, these hour-long workshops are best delivered to class-sized groups, with a targeted year groups rotating through.
- Introduction to LGBT+ Ambassadors Skills – A course for up to 20 young people that wish to run an LGBT+ awareness campaign.
- Introduction to Peer Facilitation Skills – A course for up to 20 young people that wish to start an LGBT+ group in their school or college.
- Introduction to Peer Support Skills – A course for up to 20 young people that wish to set up and run an LGBT+ inclusive peer support service.
- Safer Person Project – A five session course that develops key skills in supporting friends.
For more information, or to enquire about booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07531 061777.