LGBT+ Awareness Workshops
We have a range of age-appropriate workshops that engage children and young people in a positive conversation about gender and sexuality, as well as LGBT+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, plus other related) identities.
All of our workshops:
- Introduce appropriate terminology for a range of identities;
- Explore the existence of LGBTphobia and what this looks like in young people’s worlds;
- Affirm the responsibility of everyone to recognise and challenge LGBTphobic language and behaviour;
- Make suggestions on how to be a supportive and visible ally;
- Signpost participants to appropriate local support through our extensive network of LGBT+ youth groups;
- Are interactive and discussion based, facilitated by experienced and qualified youth workers, exploring the issues with young people where they are with their understanding. We can be flexible with workshop length and group sizes to meet your requirements.
Examples of workshops we might come and deliver in primary schools:
Relationships and Equal Marriage
Exploring Gender Identity (using Alien Nation)
Examples of workshops we might come and deliver in high schools or colleges:
Exploring Gender and Sexuality
LGBT History Month
Workshops in schools can help in the Pastoral Support (and possibly Pupil Voice) section of the Rainbow Flag Award.
For more information contact
To download this information as a PDF, click on the link below.