LGBT Awareness Workshops
We have a range of age-appropriate workshops that engage children and young people in a positive conversation about lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) identities.
All of our workshops:
- Introduce appropriate terminology for a range of identities
- Explore the existence of homo/bi/transphobia and what this looks like in young people’s worlds
- Affirm the responsibility of everyone to recognise and challenge homo/bi/transphobic language and behaviour
- Make suggestions on how to be a supportive and visible ally
- Signpost participants to appropriate local support through our extensive network of LGBT youth groups
- Are interactive and discussion based, facilitated by experienced and qualified youth workers, exploring the issues with young people where they are with their understanding. We can be flexible with workshop length and group sizes to meet your requirements
Key Stage 2 Relationships and Equal Marriage
Key Stage 3 Challenging Stereotypes
Key Stage 4 Challenging Homophobia
Any Key Stage Gender Identity and Trans Awareness
(tailored for any age group)
For more information contact
To download this information as a PDF, click on the link below.