Our popular workshop “Exploring Gender and Sexuality” has been delivered in a vast number of secondary schools, usually on off-timetable days of activities. Typically, schools book one of our experienced youth work facilitators for the day, and a chosen year group will rotate through the workshop, which is repeated several times across the day.
- is interactive and discussion based, exploring gender and sexuality with young people where they are with their understanding, and dealing any questions they might have, in an appropriate way;
- introduces appropriate terminology for a range of LGBT+ identities;
- acknowledges the existence of LGBTphobia, and what this looks like in young people’s worlds;
- affirms the responsibility of everyone to recognise and challenge LGBTphobic language and behaviour, as well as actively creating safe and inclusive spaces;
- makes suggestions on how to be a supportive and visible friend and ally;
- signposts participants to appropriate local support through our extensive network of LGBT+ youth groups.
All participants receive one of our “Come Out and Say It” guides, useful for young people coming out, and the friends who support them.
We can also deliver bespoke workshops created around an identified need of a school or group of students. Previous examples of this have included Trans Awareness workshops and an LGBT+ History Month workshop.
For more information or to book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or 07531 061777.