Proud Mentors are key support for LGBT+ young people accessing The Proud Trust. Following a full training programme, proud mentors are paired with young people for ongoing regular one-to-one support. Creating a supportive and open space for young people to talk about a variety of things, from exploring their identity, their relationship with family or friends or access to education and employment, the session and discussions are led by the young person.
Length and frequency of the session will be dependent on the young person but should be no more than 30-45 mins on a weekly or fortnightly basis.
Applications to become a Proud Mentor are open throughout the year, and all applications must attend an informal interview prior to starting the training, which happens three times a year.
Key dates for 2022 are as follows:
Informal interviews: These will all take place remotely via video call:
- Wednesday 2 February, from 6 – 8pm
- Wednesday 25 May, from 6 – 8pm
- Wednesday 28 September 2022, from 6 – 8pm
Training dates: In person training dates will take place in central Manchester at the LGBT+ Centre, 49-51 Sidney St, Manchester, M1 7HB and digital training will take place remotely via Zoom.
- February: Saturday 12 February & Saturday 19 February 2022 (10am – 3pm) – IN PERSON training
- June: Wednesday 1 June, Wednesday 8 June, Wednesday 15 June & Wednesday 22 June 2022 (6-8pm) – DIGITAL training
- October: Saturday 1 October & Saturday 8 October 2022 (10am – 3pm) – IN PERSON training
For more information about what’s involved please see our FAQs listed below or email us at email@example.com
If you are interested in applying to be a Proud Mentor, please complete this form